This introduction is intended for commercial teams and tech teams and explains what WAI is, why you should be using it and how to integrate it into your existing marketing stack.
WAI is the next generation of our mobile customer activation platform where we’ve taken all the knowledge we gained during the previous 7+ years doing customer communications and combined that with the data of 100 million+ customer interactions we’ve executed for clients. This combination of expert human knowledge and data enables our platform to convert more of your customers with tailored individual messages and by leveraging modern machine learning techniques automatically optimize our communication so it will become better over time.
Contact - An end user or customer in your system.
PII - Personally identifiable information or Personal data. Processed under terms following data regulations like GDPR.
This is how you do it
Once you’re up and running on the WAI platform everything is automated from your perspective and there is a low amount of actions needed from your side. However, there are some onboarding steps which need to be completed before having full access to WAI.
To be able to make use of all features of WAI and respond to your customer's action in real-time there needs to be an API-integration between your system and Wiraya. We’ve made it dead simple to integrate your data source (CRM, Campaign management tool, backend or other) with our platform via our Rest-API or pre-built integrations. Depending on your API readiness you can expect this taking less than one week of development with access to Wiraya's API-engineers to guide you. The process is described in more detail below.
Share customer data
The key in our ability to deliver relevant and individual communication that converts more of your customers is to combine our knowledge and communication data with your customer data. Therefore, it’s important that you send customer data via our prepared API-calls. You specify which data points are considered as personal information and we will purge that information on a rolling schedule. We go to great lengths to store and access your data in a secure manner using industry-standard encryption and security techniques. We also work to comply with local data regulations where it’s applicable, such as GDPR.
What kind of data should you send? As a general rule, the more data points we get the faster we can train and validate our models and find correlations between your customers and our communication.
Integrate via API - why and how
Wiraya offers both pre-built integrations and a REST-API which you integrate into your CRM/Backend system for maximum flexibility. You can think of Wiraya as a channel. Instead of choosing ‘email', ‘sms” or ‘facebook" you would choose 'Wiraya' as a channel and we'll combine our different channels and message in order to reach and convert your customers.
Why you should API integrate
- Automate your activation/reactivation workflow Save time by removing all the manual steps of extracting customers and upload contacts to Wiraya with the added benefit of reducing human errors.
- Wiraya takes care of what, when and how to communicate Just send us the user information and activity on a continuous basis and Wiraya takes care of the communication, e.g. no conversion within 24 hours of registration => run activation communication or no user activity after 14 days => run 2nd reminding communication.
- Event support Your user doesn’t exist in a vacuum and waits for your communication. They use new features of your platform, they opt-out, they do conversion activities or take other actions that might alter the communication they receive. Using our API you can send those actions as events and we can alter our communication in real-time.
- Secure All communication to our API is secure and data is stored securely. You can define which information is PII and should be deleted after a given time.
- Access to Dashboard Access our dashboard to follow the progress of your communication in real-time.
- Machine Learning API-integration is the first step to be able to make use of our machine learning platform and over time increase your conversion rates even further
- Fast and easy one-time integration (3 API-calls) Our modern REST-API in conjunction with support from Wirayas API-engineers offers a quick API-integration
The standard use case consists of three API-calls:
- The customer is registered. You directly send the customer to us. No communication is made in the step (PUT /api/Contact/<uniqueid>)
- Add the customer to a campaign, for example, activation. Based on the customer's attributes we predict how and when we should contact the customer. (POST /api/Contact/<uniqueid>/campaigns)
- Each time a customer do any of the predefined interactions you notify us via sending an event. These events are important since they help us make our predictions better. During the lifecycle of a customer; events occur that might alter the communication, for example, an opt-out, then you send that as an event. (POST /api/Contact/<uniqueid>/events)
If you want to update a customers information (telephone number etc) you simply send the contact again.
- The data you send to us for the customer is used for deciding which communication the customer should receive. You can add any additional fields under "general" or "personal" in the JSON body.
- When you decide that you want to communicate with the customer you make the customer part of a campaign. It is possible to set up several campaigns for different types (activation, reactivation) and markets/brands. You decide on your end when you want to include the customers in a campaign, for example:
- Include customers directly after registration and Wiraya automatically communicate with them if they, for example, have not converted.
- Include the customers in a campaign if they have not been active for 30 days.A customer can be a member of several campaigns.
Let's have a look at the API Specification.