Wiraya Link Tracker
Link tracking where client using a CNAME redirect on a sub domain
The Link Tracker module makes it possible for Wiraya Cloud to track links (URLs) on an individual level. Whenever a link is used in the system, for instance in a SMS, a short link will be generated that includes a personalized and unique identifier. When the link is clicked, Wiraya Cloud will match the unique link back to the unique recipient and store the action before redirecting to the end destination. This enables Wiraya Cloud to report in detail on actions and conversion statistics on an individual level.
To maximize the probability that the recipient will click on the link, it’s important that the domain name of the sending party is included in the short links. This will minimize the risk that the recipient thinks it’s fraud or spam.
To enable branded short links, the sending party needs to do some configuration.
A CNAME is a form of subdomain that points to another location, in this case to Wiraya Cloud. See the following example where we have added the CNAME go to the example.com domain and pointed it to a Wiraya subdomain:
- Sign in to your domain's account at your domain host or reach out the technician in charge of your company’s DNS records.
- Locate the page for updating your domain's DNS records. The page might be called something like DNS Management, Name Server Management, or Advanced Settings.
- Locate the CNAME records for your domain. You may already have one or more records for your domain.
- Add a CNAME record with the following details. NOTE: you can choose any value you like for the name parameter, but we recommend to keep short. Below is an example:
Time to live (TTL): 86 400
Record type: CNAME
- Save your changes and wait until they take effect. CNAME record changes can take up to 72 hours to go into effect, but typically they happen much sooner.
Once the configuration is done, send the name of the CNAME to Wiraya. Wiraya Cloud will now use your custom CNAME when generating links in the system. A typical link in for instance an SMS will look like this:
Where g7Lx5N is the unique identifier for one unique recipient and sms the sms-identifier in Wiraya Cloud.
Incorrect links and errors
If there is any issues with the links, it's possible to redirect the customer to a own error/support page.